Grand Marais Senior Center Remodeling Plans
|The Cook County Council on Aging has been working on plans to remodel the Cook County Senior Center. We have remodeling (possibly an addition) plans for you to view. The plans are ambitious, but very much needed improvements. We invite you to take a look at them. We also encourage everyone to give us your comments (comment form).
History of Project Development
The council looked at all center needs:
- Senior information meetings - health insurance, legal, fraud etc.
- Mini Health Clinics - Foot care, blood pressure, educational presentations
- Exercise classes
- Tax Assistance
- Blood Mobiles
- Driving Tests
- AARP Driver Education
- Recreational activities - cards (bridge, cribbage, bingo etc), movies
- Bus trips
- Medical Transportation
- Emergency Phones
- Information & referral Services
- Arrowhead Transit
- Nutrition Program and Meals on Wheels
- Community Meetings - Nightly
- and much more
Click images to view a larger version.